We’re half-way through summer, friends, and its lazy, hazy days with blue skies and warm breezes will be fading into fall before we know it.
It’s a great time to pack up a picnic, find a shady spot outside, and watch the world go by.
Here are a few picnic-friendly Hard Truth cocktails to make your quiet time in the shade even sweeter!
#1: Frozen Coconut Limeade
Perfect for a picnic or a poolside barbecue, this frozen coconut limeade featuring Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum and Toasted Coconut Rum Cream makes for a sweet, refreshing escape to the tropics — no matter where you are.
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Distribute evenly into four hurricane glasses and serve — or, for a fun to-go treat, pour into stand-up, zip-top quart bags and place in the freezer until ready to go.
#2: Cucumber Rosé Cooler
Add a little effervescence to your picnic with our cucumber rosé cooler. This light, refreshing sipper blends Hard Truth’s citrus-forward gin with rosé and elderflower liqueur for a treat to your taste buds that’ll help keep you cool all day.
2 oz. Hard Truth Gin
4 oz. Rosé wine
½ oz. St~Germain elderflower liqueur
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 Cucumber slices
2 Lemon wheels
Soda water, to top
1. Combine all ingredients except soda water in a sealable drink container that holds at least 8 oz.
2. Pack in picnic cooler alongside a can of soda water.
3. When ready to drink, top with ice (if available) and soda water.
#3: Strawberry Sweet Mash Smash
This summery take on the Hard Truth Sweet Mash Smash adds strawberry to the mix in one of our most popular Hard Truth Sweet Mash Rye whiskey cocktails.
2 oz. Hard Truth Sweet Mash Rye Whiskey
1 oz. Simple syrup
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 Basil leaf, large
2 Strawberries, without tops
1. In a lidded Mason jar, muddle basil leaf and strawberries thoroughly.
2. Add simple syrup and Hard Truth Sweet Mash Rye Whiskey.
3. Apply lid tightly and chill until packing in picnic cooler.
4. When ready to drink, open jar, add ice, and serve.
#4: Piña Colada Sangria
Celebrate Hard Truth’s spirit of summer with piña colada sangria. Hard Truth toasted Coconut Rum pairs with white wine and pineapple for this east-to-make, combo-twist cocktail.
12 oz. Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum
1 bottle (750 mL) White wine*
40 oz. (2 large cans) Pineapple chunks in their own juice
1. Add all ingredients to a large glass pitcher and stir to combine.
2. Pour into individual mason jars and secure with lids, then pack into picnic cooler.
3. When ready to serve, open jars and add ice as desired.
*Pick your favorite type — the sweeter the wine, the sweeter the sangria! (And, remember, Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum is made with pure cane sugar, so it does bring some sweetness to the party.)