Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a tea party — a Hard Truth tea party?
Here are four, fun, tea-infused cocktail recipes to pair with your petit fours and cucumber sandwiches.
STEADFAST AND STEADY: BLACK TEA OLD FASHIONED
For the moms and mother figures whose steady, constant presence helps keep the world anchored for everyone around them, this black-tea infused take on an old fashioned celebrates a classic that never goes out of style.
BLACK TEA OLD FASHIONED
2 oz. Hard Truth Sweet Mash Rye Whiskey
1½ oz. Black tea simple syrup*
3 dashes Orange bitters
Orange peel, to garnish
1. Add liquid ingredients to a mixing tin with ice, and stir gently to combine.
2. Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
3. Express orange peel over drink, then run around rim of glass.
4. Drop peel into drink to garnish, and serve.
*BLACK TEA SIMPLE SYRUP
Heat 1 c. of water until boiling, then remove from heat, and add four black tea bags. Steep 15 minutes, then remove tea bags and add ½ c. of sugar and stir until combined. Refrigerate unused portion in a sealed container for up to one week.
HEART AND HOME: NASHVILLE FOG
Hard Truth Distilling Company‘s home base of Brown County, Indiana earned the nickname “The Little Smokies” because of its rolling hills and the smoky haze that’s been known to settle among them.
This adaptation of a London Fog featuring Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka is a nod to the Hard Truth mothership and the sense of home that mothering spirits can create with their presence anywhere.
2 oz. Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka
1 oz. Earl Grey simple syrup*
1 Egg white
Juice of half a lemon
Dried lavender, to garnish
1. Add Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka, simple syrup, egg white, and juice of half a lemon to an empty bar shaker, cover, and dry shake for 10 seconds.
2. Remove cover, add ice, cover, and shake hard until cold.
3. Double strain into a chilled coupe glass, sprinkle lavender on drink to garnish, then serve.
*EARL GREY SIMPLE SYRUP
Heat 1 c. of water until boiling, then remove from heat, and add four Earl Grey tea bags. Steep 15 minutes, then remove tea bags, and add 1 c. of brown sugar. Stir until combined. Refrigerate unused portion in a sealed container for up to one week.
EXOTIC AND SWEET: TIKI PALMER
Red tea, rum, and tropical fruit with a touch of ginger spice make this cocktail perfect for the mama-types whose sense of adventure and love of far off places has inspired generations of globetrotters.
1½ oz. Hard Truth White Rum
½ oz. Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum
1½ oz. Rooibos simple syrup*
1 oz. Lime juice
Ginger beer, to top
2 Lime wheels, to garnish
1. Add Hard Truth rums, simple syrup, and lime juice to an ice-filled collins glass, then top with ginger beer.
2. Place lime wheels in drink to garnish, and serve.
*ROOIBOS SIMPLE SYRUP
Heat 1 c. of water until boiling, then remove from heat, and add four rooibos tea bags. Steep 20 minutes, then remove tea bags, and add 1 c. of sugar. Stir until combined. Refrigerate unused portion in a sealed container for up to one week.
TRENDY AND STYLISH: ICED COCONUT CHAI LATTE
This iced coconut chai latte is spot on for the mamas who rock leggings and messy buns while taking care of business with the best of them.
Mom-favorites Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum and Rum Cream pair up with chai, sugar, and whipped cream for a sweet treat that’s sure to please.
ICED COCONUT CHAI LATTE
1½ oz. Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum
1 oz. Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum Cream
¼ oz. Simple syrup
2½ oz. Chai tea concentrate
Whipped cream and nutmeg, to garnish
1. Add all liquid ingredients to an ice-filled collins glass.
2. Top with whipped cream and dust with nutmeg to garnish, then serve.