Father’s Day is week away, and we’ve put together some of our favorite cocktails to share as we celebrate the dads and father figures in our lives. Check ’em out:
A cousin to the Negroni, the Boulevardier features whiskey alongside Campari and sweet vermouth for a deep, rich drinking experience that’s perfect for dads who love to sit back and watch the sunset with a cigar in one hand and a drink in the other.
1¼ oz. Hard Truth Sweet Mash Rye Whiskey
½ oz. Campari
¾ oz. Carpano Antica Formula sweet vermouth
Orange twist, to garnish
1. Add Hard Truth Sweet Mash Rye Whiskey, Campari, and sweet vermouth to an ice-filled mixing beaker, and stir until well-chilled.
2. Single strain into rocks glass over fresh ice.
3. Drop orange twist into drink to garnish.
#2: Tom P. Collins
Light and refreshing, this bright Tom Collins with a pineapple twist is the perfect drink for pops to enjoy while chillin’ and grillin’ under the early summer sun.
2 oz. Hard Truth Gin
1 oz. Lemon juice
½ oz. Simple syrup
1 dash Orange bitters
Pineapple soda water, to top
Lemon wheel, to garnish.
1. Add gin, simple syrup, bitters, and lemon juice to an ice-filled bar shaker. Cover, and shake to chill.
2. Single strain into an ice-filled collins glass, then top with pineapple soda water.
3. Place lemon wheel on edge of glass to garnish, and serve.
#3: Hard Truth Lemonade
Hard Truth Lemonade makes the perfect putting companion — it’s refreshing to drink and easy to batch, so dad-types can craft before they head to the course (and finally use one of those nifty thermoses they’ve been hoarding) and keep those birdies coming.
2 oz. Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum
6 oz. Lemonade
Lemon peel ribbon, to garnish
1. Add Hard Truth Toasted Coconut Rum to an ice-filled collins glass, and top with lemonade.
2. Drop lemon peel ribbon down the side of the glass to garnish, and serve.
#4: Sneaky Peanut
Whiskey? Check. Peanuts? Check. Best poker night ever? Check.
Hard Truth Peanut Butter Whiskey and Toasted Coconut Rum Cream team up with Kahlúa for an ace in the hole that papa and pals can enjoy regardless of who’s winning at night baseball.
1. Add all ingredients to ice-filled rocks glass.
2. Stir gently to mix, and serve.
Not a cocktail dad?
For dad-types who are quick and to the point, a beer and a shot’re the way to go — serve side by side, one after the other, or just mix ‘em. Hard Truth Cinnamon Vodka and Quaff ON! Six Foot Blonde are a popular combination at Hard Truth HQ, but we wouldn’t fault a dad for wanting to experiment to find his favorite flavor combo.
Dads and father figures who want to keep it even simpler can enjoy a straight pour, with or without ice — all Hard Truth spirits are crafted to play well in cocktails and offer a rewarding drinking experience on their own. Some dad-favorites from the Hard Truth team include Hard Truth Gin, Hard Truth White Oak Reserve Rum, and, of course, Hard Truth Sweet Mash Rye Whiskey.